Friday, June 17, 2011

Cameras part 1

My first camera I remember getting was for a trip to Disney World. It took a 110 cartridge and most pictures taken were of the parade. I remember wanting to go to the Hall of Presidents and being denied. What 7-ish year old wants to go see the HoP? Early signs of nerdom. Sorry, there's no posting of those pictures. I wouldn't know where to even begin looking. OK so I lied I'd start at my mother's house.

I was in HS when I got my second camera. I tried to do those arty type pictures. Not good. Of course I didn't know that till they were developed. I took the camera on the senior trip to DC and in the end developed at least 7 rolls of film.  If I remember right one roll was used before we ever got to Virginia. I might have to do a whole post on those memories.
     
     So bye-bye, miss American pie.
    Drove my Chevy to the levee,
    But the levee was dry.
    And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye
    Singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die.
    "this’ll be the day that I die."

Sorry mind wandered - a memory ... evoking a song ... evoking a memory.

Picture it. The year was 1989, a bus load of kids heading out to DC from Indiana. On the way through Ohio, one of them on their "boom box" tunes into a radio station playing American Pie by Don McLean. Sitting in the back of the bus underneath a lighted bulb we gather and start singing. And it strikes me, senior year, in a bus, going to DC, joining together, singing one of the greatest songs ... see where I'm going with this?

Someone actually got my camera away from me.

I kept taking this guy's picture for a friend I can't remember.

"The back" I recently found out the fellow student in the back passed away.


I spared you ALL of the pictures due to being mostly like this :)


I'm going to have to change the post name. It was "New Camera" but alas (great word) I was distracted. So, it now has become part one of a series ... to be continued ...

Indiana trivia: Indiana-born musicians and composers include John Mellencamp, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, John Hiatt, Harry Von Tilzer, Rich Mullins, Kris Roe, the Bill Gaither Trio, Albert Von Tilzer, Bobwheat Long, Cole Porter, J. Russell Robinson, Eddie Condon, Hoagy Carmichael, Wes Montgomery, J. J. Johnson, Henry Lee Summer, Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, David Lee Roth, Shannon Hoon, Carrie Newcomer, Janie Fricke, Lonnie Mack and David Baker.

No comments:

Post a Comment